• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

facebook iconinstagram iconTwitter icon

Telephone : Freephone 0808 801 0102


Find a service

With all the changes to health and care services it’s not always clear where you should go to report an urgent issue, to make a complaint, or for further information.

Healthwatch Kent can help you find the right services to suit your needs through our FREE Information & Signposting Service.

Call us anytime for FREE on 0808 801 0102.  Alternatively, email us on info@healthwatchkent.co.uk

We cannot give you advice or make specific recommendations but we can help you make an informed decision in finding the right health and social care service whether it is provided by the NHS, the Council, a voluntary or community organisation. 

Other options are:

SEAP Kent offer free independent support if you are thinking about making a complaint about a local health service. You can email them on kent@seap.org.uk or call 0300 343 5714 

NHS Choices is the online 'front door' to the NHS. It is the country's biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.

You can find information about hospitals, GPs and dentists and urgent care. As well as basic contact details, you can also find feedback from other people about what they think about these services.

It's not just limited to NHS information. You can also find information about other services in your area (often provided by charities) that can help you with conditions from Alzheimers through to weight loss.

The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website. 


Services around Kent you can get involved with


Kent Learning Disability Partnership Groups : This group covers the whole of kent to check improvements on around the Government White Paper Valuing People (March 2001) and Valuing People Now (January 2009) are happening in Kent. Click the link for more information. www.kentldpb.org.uk  

East Kent Mencap : East Kent Mencap is a charity that supports adults and children with a learning disability to become more independent. For more information and events, click the link. www.eastkentmencap.co.uk  

North Kent Advocacy for Dartford, Gravesham, Swale : The North Kent Independent Advocacy Scheme delivers independent and impartial advocacy for people with learning disabilities and those who often "slip through the net". They also offer related services within the Kent area. For more information click on the here. www.nkias.co.uk 

Pepenbury for Sevenoaks, Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone : Pepenbury provides residential care, supported accommodation, day services and support for people living independently in the community in West Kent. For more information about Pepenbury click the link here.  www.pepenbury.info  

Kent Physical Disability Forum : Click on the link to find out more about our physical disability forum. www.healthwatchkent.co.uk/pdforum 


Want to take part in an older people’s forum? 

Maidstone: contact Lizzie Lowrey on lizzie.lowrey@involvekent.org.uk or telephone 01622 677 337. 

Tunbridge Wells: contact them on 01892 518951 or write to at c/o 57 Culverden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 9RB 

Thanet Over 50's Forum: contact Pauline Pettitt, Thanet Volunteer Bureau pauline.petitt@thanetvolunteerbureau.co.uk 

Sevenoaks District Senior Action Forum: www.sdsaf.org.uk 

Swale Seniors Forum: www.swaleseniorsforum.org.uk  

Dover Senior Forum - email Pam on cllrpamela.brivio@dover.gov.uk  

Gravesham Fifty Plus Forum - Contact Dot Marshall on 07505 425555 or email  marshalldot1@gmail.com

Tunbridge & Malling Seniors Forum - contact David Metcalf on davidrmetcalf@ymail.com


 Interested in the Kent County Youth Council? Click here to find out more. 

Want to join a youth forum? Click the link below to find your local forum. 


Are you a Carer looking for a support or a friend to talk to? Carers Forums: 

Carers First (DG&S, South West, Medway) http://www.carersfirst.org.uk/ 

Carers Support (Canterbury, Dover & Thanet) http://www.carers-supportcdt.org.uk/ 

Carers Support (Ashford, Shepway & Swale)  https://carers-ashford.org.uk/ 

Involve (Maidstone) http://www.involvekent.org.uk/ 

Find and choose the right services