Telephone : Freephone 0808 801 0102
Join our family! We are recruiting
We are recruiting for a Volunteer Co-ordinator to join our team and look after our wonderful volunteers.
Volunteers are the life blood of what we do. Our volunteers, from all over Kent, are involved in every aspect of our work and we couldn’t achieve anything without them.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and organised person to look after our wonderful volunteers and ensure they are well supported and actively involved in our work. We need someone who can support our volunteers to help them have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience and maintain our Investors in Volunteers standard.
You will also be responsible for recruiting, inducting and training new volunteers from all corners of Kent.
That means we are looking for the following qualities:
• Experience of managing volunteers
• Enthusiasm and passion for working with people
• Great inter-personal skills and a willingness to talk to anyone!
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to design and deliver training
• Understanding of the voluntary sector
• Appreciation and interest in the health and social care agenda
Healthwatch Kent is one of 152 local Healthwatches across the country. Our role is to ensure people and their feedback influences how health and social care services are planned, designed, provided and delivered. Healthwatch has statutory responsibilities to ensure this happens and volunteers are vital to every aspect of our work.
The contract for Healthwatch Kent is held by Engaging Kent which is a Community Interest Company. Engaging Kent has a number of projects and is passionate about making a difference to our communities both in Kent and beyond.
Engaging Kent and its employees work with a series of values which are intrinsic to our everyday work. They are:
• We are a responsive and supportive organisation
• We are committed to the wellbeing of our staff and volunteers
• We are always honest & transparent
• We are creative & innovative
• We are dynamic and committed
• We are continuously learning and developing
If you would like to be part of something different and join the Engaging Kent family then please take a read of the job description below and get in touch with us.
The salary is £24-26,000 per year depending on your experience.
This is a full time position with 37.5 hours a week, based in Ashford but with flexible home working. You will be required to travel around Kent meeting volunteers and organisations.
If you have any questions or you need help just contact Madara on email@example.com
You’ll need to send your application by 9am on September 10th. We will be interviewing on September 28th.
We look forward to hearing from you!