Kent County Council have been gathering peoples’ thoughts to help them create a new vision and strategy for carers. Their new strategy has now been published in draft and they are seeking your thoughts.
14% of people in Thanet are unpaid carers
The number of Carers varies across the county.
Kent County Council is responsible for funding services that support carers across Kent. As part of this they have been working on a new strategy that will enable them to improve the experience of adult carers living in Kent.
The draft strategy highlights key areas for action which includes:
- supporting carers to maintain their own identity and live a full life
- working collaboratively with carers at every stage
- working better with partner organisations to offer high quality support that is tailored to the carer’s own needs
- respecting carers and listening to their views
- communicating with carers in a clear and consistent way
- making information more available and offering trusted points of contact