You will know that we’ve been working with the Kent Physical Disability Forum for over a year now to help improve the wheelchair service for thousands of people in Kent.
This week we are taking an update of our progress to the Health Overview & Scrutiny Committee who were due to discuss the issue.
Whilst there is still much to be done, some of the highlights include:
- The CCG have reviewed the service and made significant investment to fund action and improvements
- The average waiting time for patients to receive a wheelchair has reduced
- The number of people waiting more than 10 days for their wheelchair to be repaired has also reduced
- Millbrook are doing more to hear directly from service users about their experience of the service
- The number of complaints about the service has reduced and patient feedback is starting to be more positive